1. Are you a talent agency representing musical, magic, or other types of performers?
No, we represent and manage models and actors only.
2. What are EDGE AGENCY's international modeling requirements?
Age: 16 to 25 years
Height: 5' 7" to 5' 11"
Age: 16 to 30 years
Height: 6' 0" to 6' 4"
Click to link to Model Application.
* If you are considering modeling only within Saskatchewan, we will accept photo submissions of any height and age.
3. What are EDGE AGENCY's actor requirements?
We are always looking for great new actors between the ages of 2 and 102. Click to link to Actor Search Info page.
4. What is EDGE AGENCY looking for in their actors and models?
EDGE AGENCY is about quality NOT quantity. Honesty is our policy. If we see potential in you, we will represent you. If we don't feel you have what it takes to make it in the industry, we will tell you.
5. Do I need a models portfolio?
For local modeling it is better to start with simple snap shot or a good head shot before considering getting a models portfolio done. We help guide our models to shoot with quality fashion photographers to help build a good portfolio but it's not necessary to get work locally but it does help to show your potential.
To work internationally, it is very important to have a good models portfolio with a broad range of pictures and looks.
6. How much experience do I need to model or act?
In some situations, no experience is necessary. As an actor, if we feel you have potential, we will help you find the best training to fine tune any skills that may need improvement. As a model, the best experience is on the job, which is what we will help get for you.
7. Do I have to live in Regina or Saskatchewan to be represented by EDGE AGENCY?
No, EDGE AGENCY represents models from all over the world and actors from across Canada.
8. After I submit my application, when will I hear from EDGE AGENCY?
Unfortunately EDGE AGENCY cannot reply to everyone that applies. However, if we are interested in representing you, we will contact you within a two week period of receiving your application. We apologize but we do get a lot of applications daily.
9. What does management agency mean in your tag line "Professional Model & Actor Management"?
A management agency represents and promotes models and actors; we help find our people work by creating and maintaining professional relationships with top agencies and clients in Canada and the World.
10. What modeling or acting classes does EDGE AGENCY offer?
We do not offer classes. Since EDGE AGENCY is a management agency and not a training school, we represent and market our models and actors to find them work in the industry. If we feel that our models or actors can benefit from training courses, we will help find the best quality courses from proven instructors.
11. Does EDGE AGENCY pay for training courses?
Any training courses we suggest to enhance the model or actor's skills are their financial responsibility.
12. What kind of modeling jobs are there locally?
Locally there are modeling jobs for Runway, Fashion, Magazines, Billboards, Promotions, Television/Web Commercials, etc.
13. What kind of acting jobs are there?
There are acting jobs in TV Shows, Feature Films, Voice Overs (Radio), Radio and TV Commercials, etc.
14. Do I get to choose between being an Local or International model?
EDGE AGENCY will begin by finding you jobs in our local market to discover your strengths. If you have international potential and are interested in traveling the World as a model, EDGE AGENCY will assist you in achieving that modeling status.
If you are a model from another country looking for model representation by EDGE AGENCY, you would be marketed as an International model and would never have to work as an Local model in Canada.
15. What modeling placement agencies do you work with?
We support our long-time relationships with reputable agencies and investigate new placement agencies through our network of industry professionals. We want the best jobs for our models and actors and will not under sell their talent.
16. If EDGE AGENCY agrees to represent me, is there a contract or agreement to sign?
Yes, there is an Mother Agent/Management agreement to sign with EDGE AGENCY that will address what is expected of you as an EDGE AGENCY model/actor and what we promise to do for you.
17. Can EDGE guarantee me work?
There are no guarantees in this industry, and EDGE AGENCY cannot guarantee anyone work. However, since our focus is on quality and not quantity, we only manage people we strongly believe have potential in our industry. Therefore, we promise to exhaust all our efforts for each of our models and actors to help find them work.